Sometimes, when you least expect it, people exceed your expectations. Just when I think I can predict exactly what's going to happen when I'm in a certain mood, people change my mind and my thought-course. Thanks, John.
It's mid-February. I am unhappy with myself, so it's time to reiterate my goals.
1. Start running again. At least 3 times a week. It helps you feel better, helps dissolve frustration.
2. Be more optimistic. I am prone to negativity - it helps me align my expectations, but in the field I'm in, I need to stop running away from challenges, shutting down, being insecure about my capability. I need to be more inquisitive and critical, expand my academic network, explore more literature, keep abreast of the field's development. Need to start constructing the dissertation committee...
3. Get on a better sleep schedule. 2 am is going to be the goal.
4. Start working more. I'm talking at least 8 hour days. You need to be more productive -- there is so much to accomplish this semester and you are only realizing part of your potential by continuing with this abysmal sleep schedule!
5. Start keeping track about the good things about your relationship / realign yourself. I don't know what happened, but all the passion and love you felt for him eroded... It's still there, but it needs to be revived. Looking back at all the wonderful things you did together last year, let's do that again this year. This year, sweep out all the cobwebs and get on solid ground for good.
6. Pay attention to your appearance. Your hair is an unkempt mess, you slob. Start blow drying it again and spending a little bit more time thinking about what you are wearing.
It's mid-February. I am unhappy with myself, so it's time to reiterate my goals.
1. Start running again. At least 3 times a week. It helps you feel better, helps dissolve frustration.
2. Be more optimistic. I am prone to negativity - it helps me align my expectations, but in the field I'm in, I need to stop running away from challenges, shutting down, being insecure about my capability. I need to be more inquisitive and critical, expand my academic network, explore more literature, keep abreast of the field's development. Need to start constructing the dissertation committee...
3. Get on a better sleep schedule. 2 am is going to be the goal.
4. Start working more. I'm talking at least 8 hour days. You need to be more productive -- there is so much to accomplish this semester and you are only realizing part of your potential by continuing with this abysmal sleep schedule!
5. Start keeping track about the good things about your relationship / realign yourself. I don't know what happened, but all the passion and love you felt for him eroded... It's still there, but it needs to be revived. Looking back at all the wonderful things you did together last year, let's do that again this year. This year, sweep out all the cobwebs and get on solid ground for good.
6. Pay attention to your appearance. Your hair is an unkempt mess, you slob. Start blow drying it again and spending a little bit more time thinking about what you are wearing.
No comments:
Post a Comment